I hope you are all enjoying some freedoms since restrictions have lifted, it has been great to be at the various summer football grounds and see people back playing. We also had our first trials (G12s) last weekend – life is almost normal! TUFC’s committee have been busy in and out of lockdown to prepare for 2022 and it is time for an update:
Our AGM is on 23rd November at Club Turramurra, come down, learn more about our club, support one of our local businesses and get to know the new and old committee. There will be a few changes and of course new committee members are always welcome. If you are interested in any of the positions, please let Anita or me know and we can chat through the requirements.
WAA Premier League news
On the back of a very successful 2021, with the WAA Premier League team on top of the table when COVID stopped play, we welcome back coach Malcolm Waldock for 2022. Before the season abruptly ended, the team had beaten all opponents in the competition, so we are very excited for a full season in 2022. Malcolm will be joined by Steven Burns, long time M45 player for Wahroonga/Turramurra United and current Northern Tigers coach.
We will again be aiming for 4 teams in the WAA competition – from Premier League down to Division 5. We will conduct trials for those wishing to play in Premier League and Division 2 early in 2022- stay tuned to your emails and our social media for dates and registration details.
MAA Division 2 Squad news
TUFC is very excited to announce, that Craig Tyrie, who operated as TUFC Technical Director through XLR8 in 2021, will be stepping into the role as First grade coach of the MAA2 team for 2022. Craig is a B licence coach with a depth of experience who is excited to take on the challenge of working with MAA2 as the club is committed to push for promotion to Premier League. As part of this commitment, we will be seeking to have a dedicated Reserves Grade coach. This role would be great for a coach who is interested in running their own team, while receiving mentoring and support to grow as a coach with Craig overseeing the squad as well. If you are interested in coaching and either have your C licence or relevant experience/ interest, please contact Kylie at [email protected]
We will look to build on our current squad with trials in January 2022, particularly looking to include this years U18 SL players into the senior team. Stay tuned for trial dates.
Development Program News:
With a disrupted end to 2021, the committee and club have taken a slightly different approach to our development program for 2022. With limited access to grounds and the inability for players to take on feedback and make changes at the back end of the season, the club has offered to retain the majority of players in the current development teams in the SAP, Development, Super League and Diamond League (combined with KPFC) for 2022.
This means that for all teams aside from U8, G12 and G16 in 2022, there will not be any open trials later this year or early next year. Alternatively, we are asking for those players who are interested in playing in the development program in 2022 to complete an Expression Of Interest for these teams and you will be contacted in the new year where we will run training-based trials within the training environment.
The Development Program offers:
Twice weekly training with a dedicated coach, who is also present at game day. The coach is provided by XLR8, with the majority of coaches obtaining their C licence and have good experience working with children. The program is designed for players and parents who are able to commit to the additional training and want to improve their football as an individual and within a team. The focus of the program is long-term development, with the majority of development teams in TUFC playing in the top or second division of the NSFA competitions.
For ages 8-11, the development program teams remain non-competitive with results only taken to rank against other development teams.
For 12 up for mixed- the Super League competition is by invitation only, which is why some of our development teams are in Division 2 or 3 and why we do not always have teams in each age group.
For girls, we have a development program running from aged 12 up with another local club, Kissing Point FC, with the aim to ensure we have good depth and talent in each age group. We also work with KPFC with the community teams underneath the Diamond League teams to ensure all girls are able to play at the appropriate level.
There will be spots available in most teams, as players progress through the Development Program within or external to TUFC or circumstances change.
To express an interest in the development program please complete the form here:
Age groups and teams we will be having development programs for in 2022 are:
- U8 SAP and Development (20 players) – trials on 28th November 9:00 – 10:30 and 5th December 9:00 – 10:30
- Please register here: U8 Sap trials
• We will possibly run a third development team if there is interest
- U9 SAP and Development (20 Players)
• We will possibly run a third development team if there is interest
- U10 SAP and Development (24 players)
- U11 SAP and Development (24 players)
- U12 Super League and Development (24 players – remains 9 a side)
- U13 Development- likely Division 3
- U14 Development- likely division 2
- U16 Super League
- G11 Development- trial on 5th December 9-10:30- link to follow
- G12 Diamond League and Development -trials already commenced
- G13/14 Development – to be determined
- G14 Diamond League
- G16 Diamond League – trials 28th November 9:00 – 10:30am G16 DL trials
Development Program Success Stories:
We have had a number of our players trial for various NPL clubs and a few success stories, well done to the following players:
- Bridget Grant – U8 Mixed SAP in 2021- G10 Northern Tigers for 2022
- Soumya Sharma – G16 Diamond League – G17 NPL
- Andrew Poulton – U15 Super League – U16 Gladesville Magic (NPL)
It is exciting to see the older players entering NPL teams, showing that there is always a chance!
We have also had a number of our players join the Northern Tiger’s Development Squad program – a training only program which is structured like the Tiger’s training- for more information, see this link: https://northerntigersfc.com.au/teams/development-squads/
If we have missed you please let us know! It is always great to see commitment and dedication and enjoyment pay off.
Have now been processed, thank you all for submitting your details and for those who were able to donate their refunds to the club, it is greatly appreciated.
Finally, we can provide our wonderful team managers with photos and trophies! Thank you so much for your patience. Can we please ask the following:
- If you have not returned your shirt to your manager please do so as soon as possible.
- Managers, please have a list ready of the number of shirts you have and who have not returned them in the kit bag.
Kit bag collection and distribution of trophies and photos will be on the following days and times: Please note this is for managers and/or one designated person per team to pick up the trophies/photos, the club is not in a position to provide individual photos.
- Location: Karuah Oval, Turramurra Sunday
- Date: 28th November 2-4pm Sunday 5th December 10-12pm
Managers will be responsible for distributing photos and trophies.
A big thank you to Terry Jones, sponsorship manager who has been on the Wahroonga / Turramurra Football Club committee for 14 years, in varying roles. He has been involved in the girls and then WAA teams and as Sponsorship Manager for the past 4 years. He has been integral in working with our sponsors below and setting up arrangements to support local businesses while allowing us to have quality playing shirts and other items to keep the club running smoothly. We will miss your organisation, wisdom and hope you enjoy your time away from our fantastic sport. The Sponsorship Manager position is now vacant, if you have skills in PR, marketing or similar, it would be great if you could chat to us about the role. Terry has it well established with agreements in place!
Also moving on is our current Treasurer, Justin Engelbrecht, who has moved to sunny London! We are already jealous of how many EPL games he has been going to see. We wish him well, though we hear he will occasionally be around ensuring all the books are in order. Thank you Justin!
Thanks once again to our wonderful sponsors, please ensure you support these fantastic Businesses who support us so well.
- Chadwick our platinum sponsors, who provide invaluable support in the form of shirt sponsorship, and our weekly player of the match Replay vouchers. Please do not hesitate to call Chadwick’s for all your real estate needs. Thanks again for your continued support and demonstrated commitment with a further 3 years.
- Mercedes Benz Hornsby Our new sponsors certainly help make our kit the best on ground, it was great seeing them out at Karuah during the season.
- Turramurra Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy Business partner
- Bendigo Bank Business partner
- IGA Wahroonga Business partner, not only do they sponsor our fantastic club, but they also waived the costs of the produce that was used for our Bannockburn BBQ, meaning for every sausage sold- it was pure dollars for the club- thank you so much
- ARCHouses – our newest sponsor, custom home builders, looking forward to working with you.